The hostel was created in 1892 as a small wooden shelter known as “Klementynówka”, the name being a reference to the name of the then owner, Klementyna von Primaversi. In May 1893, the shelter was taken over by the German tourist organisation by the name of “Beskiden Verein”. The organisation enlarged the building, which in 1895 was destroyed in a fire during its inauguration. The former hostel building was quickly rebuilt, and subsequently destroyed in a fire twice more. The building constructed in 1914 on stone foundations has survived to the present day.